Twitter the social network, which is now valued at US $10 billion had filed for IPO on 12th September. The company used its own Twitter account Thursday afternoon to announce it had filed the confidential Twitter IPO plan.
– Twitter filed for IPO after 7 years of its launch which is used by more than 200 million people
– Twitter is looking to estimated to be close to 10 billion dollars. Under the direction of CEO Dick Costolo for the past three years, Twitter made it a priority to turn its popularity into an ad business. Through ads on its service dubbed “promoted tweets,” the company is expected to take in $583 million in ad revenue this year.
– Twitter had very recently acquired MoPub, a mobile ad network, ad serving business, and real time bidding exchange that claims to handle around $100 million annual spending on apps and other mobile media. The deal cost Twitter $350 million in stock.
– Three years, two months and one day: The time it took from the first tweet to the billionth tweet. And now one billion tweets are sent every two and a half days.
– In latest quarter, Facebook had $1.6 billion in ad revenue. By 2015, Twitter’s annual ad revenue is expected to hit $1.3 billion.
– The average Twitter user has 208 followers and spends 170 minutes on the site every month.
-In January 2013, Twitter introduced Vine, which enabled users to make and tweet six-second looping videos. Some 12 million Vine videos are uploaded every day.
Performance of Social Media IPO’s