Rajandran R Founder of Marketcalls and Co-Founder Algomojo. Full-Time Derivative Trader. Expert in Designing Trading Systems (Amibroker, Ninjatrader, Metatrader, Python, Pinescript). Trading the markets since 2006. Mentoring Traders on Trading System Designing, Market Profile, Orderflow and Trade Automation.

Trading Secrets

1 min read

 

Expect losses. If you have an excellent system you have a 60% chance of a winning trade. That means you have a 40% chance of a losing trade. Therefore, you have a 0.4^4 = 3% chance of having four losing trades in a row. If you have 33 trades in a year, then the chances of getting four losing trades during the year are 33*.03 = 0.99. In other words, it is almost a promise that you will have four losing trades in a row during the year. Further you will have 13 losing trades during the year. Therefore it is possible to have four losing trades in a row, a small winner, and then five more losing trades in a row – with still four more trades scattered throughout the year. Remember that these events happen with good trading strategies. The secret is to find a good trading system and stick with it.

Secret 2
Use simple trading systems. Trading systems can be robust only if there is a high number of trades in backtest history. You should have at least 30 backtest trades for each variable parameter in your trading system. Use of recent, relevant, data forces the trading system to be simple.

Secret 3
Rely on backtest history, preferably out-of-sample tests, to assess both risk and reward. Monte Carlo analysis is helpful to establish risk and reward probabilities because only data reflecting recent market activity is relevant to trading system rules.

Secret 4
Have sufficient capitalization to support your trading. Your minimum futures account size should be the sum of the required margin plus the expected maximum intraday drawdown.

Secret 5
There is no secret to trading success. It is a matter of having adequate preparation, of applying sound principles, using prudent cash management, and having the fortitude to sustain your trading through adversity

 

Rajandran R Founder of Marketcalls and Co-Founder Algomojo. Full-Time Derivative Trader. Expert in Designing Trading Systems (Amibroker, Ninjatrader, Metatrader, Python, Pinescript). Trading the markets since 2006. Mentoring Traders on Trading System Designing, Market Profile, Orderflow and Trade Automation.

GANN Shorter term update for Nifty as on 15…

  GANN Supports zone near 5005. More weakness below 5005 as next support near 4780. Avoid longs if nifty dips below 5005. Source: www.marketcalls.in
Rajandran R
5 sec read

Larsen and toubro update

  Trailing Stop Loss Update for Larsen and Tourbo   Cover Shorts and reverse the position if LT closes above 1665. Source: www.marketcalls.in
Rajandran R
6 sec read

JP Associates is getting Weaker

  1)Stock is showing massive MACD divergence 2)Price is currently below 13,34,55 EMA and these levels could act as a resistance in coming sessions. 3)Stop loss...
Rajandran R
12 sec read

Leave a Reply

Get Notifications, Alerts on Market Updates, Trading Tools, Automation & More