Script Name : Panoramic Universal
“Panoramic Universal Ltd is poised to make a splash in the Indian hotel industry. The flagship company of the Panoramic group plans to acquire 20 properties in the country over the next three years as part of a total investment of Rs 1,000 crore in the hospitality sector. “
Nearly an year down the line, the financial performance of the company has grown better and better, however the stock price has lagged behind probably because of huge exposure to the US markets.
Panoramic Universal Ltd is the flagship company of the Panoramic Group. The group has business interests in Hotels and Information Technology. Panoramic Universal owns and operates five hotels in the US, one in New Zealand and three hotels in India at Goa, Shirdi and Malvan, i.e.
* Holiday Inn, Hudson, Ohio, USA 239 rooms USD 6.5 mn
* The Georgian Resort, New York, USA 164 rooms USD 7.5 mn
* Quality Inn, New York, USA 142 rooms 4.25 mn
* Comfort Inn, North Carolina, USA 126 rooms USD 3.95 mn
* United Inn, North Carolina, USA 125 rooms USD 2.8 mn
* Sai Motels, New Zealand 22 rooms USD 3.5 mn
* Hotel Sai Sahavas, Shirdi, India 46 rooms USD 2 mn
* Graciano Cottages, Goa, India 22 rooms, USD 1 mn
* Hotel Sagar Kinara, Malvan, India 16 rooms USD 0.75 mn
The value of the above mentioned Hotels turns out to be nearly Rs 85 per share.
Following is the Annual Report of the company: Annual Report 06-07
Add to it, the company plans to invest nearly 1000 crores by 2009 in the hospitality sector, which turns out to be nearly 750 rupees per share. Add to this the IT segment of the company which contributed an EPS of nearly Rs 5 per share last year.
In 3-4 years, the stock has the potential to give atleast 1-2 times returns.