16th June 2014 Update
Updated Latest Version of Bitcoincharts Data Plugin for Amibroker. Ends MTGOX Support.
Here is a simple Bitcoin data plugin for AmiBroker written on C# with non official AmiBroker Plugin SDK. This plugin provides EOD, 1min, 15min, hourly feeds for virtual Bitcoin exchanges like BTCE,MTGox,Virwox where MtGox, called “Mount Gox” or “MTGOX”, has been the most widely used bitcoin currency exchange market since it was started, and remains the largest in terms of popularity and volume.
Plugin is done by a russian developer Mr.Arakcheev.The developer of the plugin is much more interested in getting feedback, suggestions from you. He can be contacted at email@example.com.
Bitcoin is one of the first implementations of a concept called crypto-currency, The Bitcoin is a form of currency without notes and coins, it is a digital currency. Bitcoins are kept in a digital wallet which you can keep in your computer, or on a website online, which will manage and secure your wallet for you. The following video explain about Bitcoin in brief.
The steps for setting the Bitcoincharts Data plugin for Amibroker follows :-
Database Settings for Bitcoin EOD charts
1.Download the Bitcoin Plugin for Amibroker and unzip it.
2. Install .Net Framework 3.5 Service pack 1. If NET Framework 3.5 SP1 not install, please install it first, else plug-in will not work!
3. Copy Plugin.dll to AmiBroker Plugins folder (default path is “c:/Program Files/AmiBroker/Plugins/”) and Newtonsoft.Json.dll to AmiBroker program folder (default path is “c:/Program Files/AmiBroker/)
4. Now Open Amibroker(Right click and run as administrator) and your will get the Non NON-CERTIFIED third-party plugin as shown below. Click OK button and continue.
5. Now goto File Menu->New->Database .A Database Settings dialog box open. Select Database folder for stored data and enter the Database name click on Create button as shown below
6.Select Bitcoinwisdom® data Plug-in. from Data Source drop-down list. In field Number of bars enter, how much bars plug-in will be download. Select Base time interval is equal to either End-of-Days, Hourly, 15 Minute, 5 Minute or 1 Minute. Click Configure (at first run) and then OK button:
7. Now goto Symbols menu->New and add the supported symbols btceUSD,mtgoxUSD,virwoxSLL in the text box and press ok. Now you will be able to see the EOD charts.
Bitcoin EOD Charts
8. Please follow the database settings as shown below for getting 1min Bitcoin charts.
Database Setting for Bitcoin 1min Charts
9. Note this plugin only provides the snapshot data of 1min charts at that instant however it doesnt updates in realtime once the snapshot data arrived.
For a fresh update you need to close and reopen amibroker again to get the current snapshot of the charts.
Bitcoin 1minute Charts
Note : Plugin is tested in Windows XP and Windows 7 enviroment and works good with both 32bit and 64 bit Amibroker 5.6 version.